Dyne Solicitors Limited is a niche practice concentrating on road transport.
Road transport law & legal services
At Dyne Solicitors, we understand the legal issues affecting the road transport industry.
Businesses involved in road haulage (whether hauling for themselves or for hire or reward), bus and coach operators, heavy hauliers, and logistics form the mainstay of our client base. Whether the matter relates to operator licensing queries, Public Inquiries, the defence of road traffic prosecutions, drivers’ hours legislation or HM Revenue & Customs related issues (Red Diesel), we handle it.
As well as our extensive knowledge and experience of road transport legislation, we can draw on 50 years’ close involvement with the road haulage industry and industry associations and institutes, including the Heavy Transport Association, the Environmental and Sustainable Transport Alliance, the Institute of Transport Administration and the Road Haulage Association.
Because we understand the legal problems and issues affecting the road transport industry, we focus on the key issues and deal with them swiftly and effectively.
Our road transport legal services include:
- Defending all types of prosecutions brought against the haulage industry
- Operator licensing, planning and environmental issues
- Agricultural appliances
- Health and safety and environmental issues
- Advising on compliance with operators’ licence requirements and best practice
- Representing operators and drivers at public inquiries and disciplinary hearings before the traffic commissioner
- Vehicle excise duty problems
- Challenging decisions and determinations by Customs and Excise
- International carriage of goods by road (CMR)
- Advice on liens and conditions of carriage and general commercial work
- Special Orders, STGO (Road Vehicles (Authorisation of Special Types)) and general abnormal load issues
- Crown and High Court Appeals and judicial reviews
- Fuel rebate (red diesel) claims by Customs and Excise
- Training for directors, managers and drivers