Mobile Broadband: Laptop Connectivity
With mobile broadband, you no longer need to be in the office to do business. You can take the office with you, wherever you go. The latest innovations for mobile working means you and your employees can get easy access to email, the Internet and the company networks without being confined to an office.
Business USB Modem
If your business wants to make more effective use of its laptops, why not truly mobilise them with a USB Modem. You’ll get access to your email, the Internet and your company LAN when you’re on the move.
With download speeds of up to 1.8MB per second on HSDPA you can keep on top of your work, stay in touch with your customers, colleagues and suppliers and get access to the information that’s important to you.
With a USB Modem you can work at your desk on a Desktop PC or laptop as well as away from the office using a laptop. You can choose a tariff with a data allowance or alternatively select from unlimited or data Bolt Ons.
- Compact and stylish
- Plug and play, works straight from the box
- Watcher Software – widely recognised by businesses as easy to use and intuitive
- TRU Install – providing plug-and-play installation
- Manufactured by Sierra Wireless a leader in innovative wireless solutions
- Advanced power control reduces battery drain on laptops and optimises modem performance
- MicroSD slot – no need for a separate memory stick.
A USB Modem gives you the added advantage of faster access to your email, company intranet and Internet when you use the HSDPA service.
The speed of your connection is affected by several factors, including coverage, other users and which network you’re connected to.
A USB Modem will provide ultra high speed access when you’re within HSDPA coverage, outside this area you will automatically operate on 3G/GPRS speeds.
- Microsoft Windows Vista, XP or 2000
- Mac OS X
- USB Port
- Pentium 150MHz or higher.
- Triband HSDPA (up to 7.2 Mbps) and backwards compatible to UMTS, EDGE and GSM/GPRS (quad band)
- Dimensions – 65mm x 25mm x 13.5mm
- Weight – 30g.
- Business USB Modem
- USB extension cable
- Laptop clip
- Carrying pouch
- Quick Start Guide.
- A laptop/desktop with a USB port
- O2 Wireless USB Modem
- Connection to an O2 Data or Wireless LAN tariff – there’s a range to choose from depending on your needs
- SIM card (if you want to benefit from using the 3G service you need a 3G SIM). Just ask us and we’ll provide one.
Where can you use it?
You can use the O2 Wireless USB Modem anywhere in the UK where we have GPRS/3G/HSDPA coverage (subject to tariff, network coverage & availability). You can also use your USB modem worldwide, we have GPRS coverage in over 106 countries and we are expanding our 3G roaming coverage all the time. See www.o2.co.uk for full details of UK and international coverage.
O2 offer a full range of Data Cards including PCMCIA and Express Cards – for more information please contact us.