Claire House Hospice
Claire House is a centre of excellence providing 24 hour respite, palliative, and terminal care for children and young people from 0 – 23 years of age with a life threatening or life limiting illness, and their families.
Claire House opened its doors to children in December 1998 and now provides a service for children aged 0 – 23 years with life threatening or life limiting conditions and their families from Merseyside, Cheshire, North Wales and the Isle of Man. Since 1998, Claire House has gone from strength to strength and is now providing leadership and focus for its many children, families and staff and also for supporters. In 2006 they opened their teenage extension which provides the facilities for young people, they have now provided care for over 400 families.
Claire House is not a sad place, it is a place for living. It provides an opportunity to share concerns and worries with people who understand. It is a place of fun and laughter, enjoyment, love and support.
Claire House is a registered charity and relies entirely on the generosity and help of people in the region for all of its income and running costs.
Claire House need to raise £200,000 every month to keep the doors of the hospice open.
- £2,500 will fund a nurse and their costs for one month
- £1,750 will provide for the physiotherapy needs of the children each month
- £1,500 will give 24 hour medical cover for one month
- £550 will provide family and bereavement support each week
- £400 will fund the pharmacy and sundry expenses
- £110 will cover the daily cost of meal times for the children and their families
- £90 will keep the vehicles on the road for one week
- £60 will fund play activities for the children and their siblings daily
- £30 will fund the hydrotherapy pool for one day